Hi!
I actually have a couple of questions so I will ask them here.
1.
Currently I use Jira 5.1.3 on my server and my license expired 5 months ago. I want to make an update to 8.13.
What are the steps here to do? I read that a safe way to do it is to make a backup to the database and the use a test environment where I will need to install the version from which I want to update(5.1.3) and try to update it to 8.13 and then try to scale it with my database. To make the update I need to buy a license for 5.1.3 and 8.13 or just for the 8.13?
2.
The second question is about migration. In the near future maybe I'll switch to cloud because it's easier to use from my understanding. What I need in my position to do.
Update the server version to 8.13 and then switch to the cloud or I can switch directly from 5.1.3. My database will migrate at the same time with my software?
These are my question.
Thank you for your time!