what would be a "must-have" for most JIRA instances?
Please add 1 plugin per answer, so it can be up/down-voted to gauge usefulness/popularity
Greenhopper. Does that count as a plugin
JIRA Toolkit.
Particularly the participants customfield which makes it easy to create more focused notifications
Here are 3 that I think are pretty cool (of course I do though, otherwise I wouldn't have written them)
Note: All are free and open source.
Pretty good quality too
PAC already ranks plugins by popularity for each product:
JIRA: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/popular?category=40
I didn't down vote your question. I think the popularity ranking by downloads FROM the community show their value to JIRA admins.
I down voted because I feel this form of question does not add to the site. For a good reference, see http://stackoverflow.com/faq#dontask. Moreover, as Justin has shown this information is for the most part available already.
Questions like this encourage karma-trawling, and don't really answer any specific question - it's really a poll.
so? does it have an option to add personal recommendations? why down vote? don't like a question - move on to the next one. i apologize to Justin - it was not clear who downvoted. sorry. I did some digging - and stackoverflow themselves have a similar question with 16 upvotes- I guess the community there is not so strict http://stackoverflow.com/questions/754177/jira-plugins-what-do-you-use
Actually for those that do custom workflows the best plugin by far is the JIRA Suite Utilities:
https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5048
I would rate the Jira Watcher Field Plugin highly. Add the watcher field to the main screen to allow watchers to be added when the issue is created. Simple. We got a lot of user requests for this. We use Jira for a lot of general project work, not just for dev and defects.
This kind of questions is disrespectful against all users here that take their time to help with real problems. Not acceptable!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.