I assumed I would see the status Post the transition, but I am seeing the status prior to the transition. Is this expected behavior?
In a post-function, you will see the current status of the issue - the issue object has been read at the start of the transition and the status won't change until the end of the transition where the issue gets stored in the database with its new values.
So yes, that's exactly what I'd expect to happen.
Thanks Nic, looks like a need a listener instead of a post function.
I did some more reading. Atlassian makes this statement:
Post functions carry out any additional processing required after a Jira workflow transition is executed, such as:
Here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/modules/workflow-post-function/
I am back to figuring out why I don't see the status updates in my post function.
Because the status has not changed yet. It only changes after the transition. It's not a field, it is a display of where the issue is in the workflow, and during a transition, that is "in the starting status".
Thanks Nic, I now understand how to approach these scripts. I was trying to write one script for all transitions for a given issue type, rather than one script per transition across issue types.
Jeff
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.