We are happily using Jira for bug tracking, sprint planning and so forth. Currently I am evaluating Jira Service Desk. We have a key requirement that I cannot satisfy without help.
If a customer calls a support agent and the issue is created in behalf of the customer our agents are used to see relevant customer information pulled from Sage directly in the issue. The data contains information like how many active licenses (containing a certain level of support) does the customer own.
We have a custom webservice in front of Sage that can be used to pull the information in json.
My plan so far:
- When an issue is created and the author is set to the customer on the phone the company name is copied to a custom field in the issue.
- Our webservice needs the sage id but I do not see how organizations can have custom fields. So I need to talk to web development that our webservice can also handle company names.
- When the company custom field in the issue is filled then another 'field' has to be populated with the data returned from our webservice. I looked into the marketplace app elements connect to do that.
I am stuck at step 1. Can anyone help? Perhaps you see an alternative solution?
I selected Cloud because we will buy licenses in 2021 at the earliest and that means we have to go to the cloud. But I am evaluating Jira Service in a self hosted environment with 10 licenses.