Hi all,
I'm having an issue with permissions using the application link between Jira and Confluence. Bidirectional connection seems to be working fine. I'm able to load issues using Jira Macro on Confluence site, and I'm able to search Confluence knowledge base when searching in Jira's Service Desk portal.
According to documentation it should be like that "OAuth authentication redirects a user to log in to the remote application, after which tokens generated on their behalf are used to authorize requests made from the local application. The remote application handling the request uses the access permissions of the account with which the user logged in on that remote application."
My problem arises when I'm not logged in Confluence as a user (I'm an Anonymous user) and I'm trying to load Jira's issue macro. I'm getting an error "Jira project doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it. " - this is working when I'll configure Anonymous access in Jira's project.
Second problem is when trying to add a new page from the template using Jira's API call. Again, work when Confluence's space is set with anonymous can add a page permission. Otherwise I'm getting:
"message": "Could not create content with type page",
"reason": "Forbidden"
My question then is what I'm missing here, when OAuth is granted with my use permissions and the system should handle requests on my user behalf. But it is actually using "anonymous" user privileges.
I can see Oauth tokens in my user profile on both ends.