Hi,
I have a custom field (customField) where the user can select multiple values (value1, value2, value3). I further have two tasks with that custom field:
- Task 1: customField = {value1}
- Task 2: customField = {value1, value3}
and a Jira query containing
- ... AND customField = value1 AND...
The semantics of the equals operator in the Advanced search reference page is described as
- The "
=" operator is used to search for issues where the value of the specified field exactly matches the specified value.
My expected result for this query was therefore only {Task 1}, but Jira actually delivers both {Task1, Task2}. The equals operator in this case appears to be more of a set inclusion test than a set match.
Questions
- What is the exact semantics of the equals operator in Jira searches?
- How can I get Jira to deliver the exact match for multi-select fields, i.e. to deliver only items which exactly match a single value?
Thanks!