This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bitbucket Server 4.6 release notes
Is the ability to search-code across repositories an integrated feature or add-on ?
Code search is an integrated feature with Bitbucket Server 4.6.0.
For a normal instance, Elasticsearch is automatically installed and runs alongside your Bitbucket server to index changes to your code. So it should just work out of the box. For Data Center we require you to set up your own ES instance and configure Bitbucket so that it knows where to send code changes.
For more information on how code search works in Bitbucket Server, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BitbucketServer/Search+for+code+in+Bitbucket+Server
I am running on Bitbucket 4.3.2 server. If I upgrade version to 4.6.0, will it automatically setup elasticsearch OR do I need to consider it separately.
4.6.0 comes bundled with Elasticsearch. It will be included setup process.
As Steve said, it will automatically setup elasticsearch when you run the upgrade installer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.