I have a issue created. The issue has a custom property "Ignore for Release" the value is checkbox.
Now I want to check and uncheck the value for this property using REST API.
What I tried:
1- Method GET. I have retrieved all the fields using https://domain.com/rest/api/2/field/
2- Method PUT. https://domain.com/rest/api/2/issue/{issueId}/properties/{fieldId}
Body:
[{ "id" : 12840}]
API returns 201 but still I don't see any changes for my issue. The check box should be checked when I hit API mentioned in bullet 2.
Not sure what I am doing wrong
Hi @s sushil Tade
I don't update checkboxes, but to update the Description field, I use a PUT method with the following call
/rest/api/2/issue/ABC-123
and pass in JSON like this
{ "update": { "description": [ { "set": "new text goes here" } ] }}
Thanks, Description part will work but I have concern with added custom field. Do you have any idea how to update value for checkbox?
Yes you can do customfields as well. I've managed to set a checkbox on my system passing in this JSON
{ "update": { "customfield_14572": [ { "set": [ { "value": "Yes" } ] } ] }}
@Warren It's working. You made my day!. Thank you. Also I have question how to reset the value back (how to uncheck?).
Please send me the link from did you find above payload. I am able to find the field Id. but I was using this API https://domain.com/rest/api/2/issue/{issueId}/properties/{fieldId}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.