I'm totally new to rest api and I do not know where to start. But after some googling I tried this in powershell
curl --request POST \
>> --url 'https://confluenceURI/rest/api/group/user?name={name}' \
>> --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
>> --data '{
>> "accountId": "{---}"
>> }'
But it's giving me an error
At line:2 char:5
+ --url 'https://confluenceURI/rest/api/gr ...
+ ~
Missing expression after unary operator '--'.
At line:2 char:5
+ --url 'https://confluenceURI/rest/api/gr ...
+ ~~~
Unexpected token 'url' in expression or statement.
At line:3 char:5
+ --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
+ ~
Missing expression after unary operator '--'.
At line:3 char:5
+ --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
+ ~~~~~~
Unexpected token 'header' in expression or statement.
At line:4 char:5
+ --data '{
+ ~
Missing expression after unary operator '--'.
At line:4 char:5
+ --data '{
+ ~~~~
Unexpected token 'data' in expression or statement.
At line:4 char:9
+ --data '{
+ ~
The Data section is missing its statement block.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingExpressionAfterOperator
Our confluence is on server. Any help would appreciated.