We have JIRA and Confluence running on a server in our company. Access to each application is controlled via MS Active directory groups using LDAP. Each application has its own AD group. JIRA and Confluence are configured to treat each other as trusted applications. Do the license tiers for JIRA and Confluence need to be the same? I ask because it seems likely that we will have more Confluence end users than JIRA, and we're concerned that if we keep up the trusted application relationship we'll need to buy JIRA seats we'll never use.
I have seen many references that say "stand alone" deployments don't have to match, but I don't know what precisely is meant by that.
Any light shed on this question will be most gratefully received. Thanks in advance!
Addendum: Here's what our IT staff told me: "We have been told that integrated deploys (i.e. Jira and Confluence have been integrated - you can see Confluence content in Jira, etc.) - require the licensing to be the same between both tools. If they aren't integrated (standalone) they do not." I just am trying to be thorough to make certain I'm not confusing the issue due to incorrect word choice. Thanks again!