I'm trying to configure a simple project that will only have tasks and three states - todo, in progress and done. I have tried to achieve that by using the built-in Task and Sub-task issue types and a custom workflow, however, there are lots of fields I'm not interested in, e.g. Component or Fix version. I'm also not sure whether it's correct to use built-in issue types Task and Sub-task or if I'd be better off creating a completely new and custom issue types. The same with states - should I use "Open" and "Closed" for "todo" and "done" or would it be better to create custom states?
Will I need to create custom screens? I've never done that so I'm not sure how difficult or easy that is.
If someone could provide a list of steps they would take to configure a simple todo-style project, it would be very welcome.