Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote urlOutput:Error: Logon failed, use ctrl+c to cancel basic credential prompt.
Hi Pradip,
I would like to ask for some additional information so we can better help you:
1. Are you using a Git GUI client when you receive this error? If so, could you please let us know which one?
2. Is the repo you are working on hosted in Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/) or in Bitbucket Server (self-hosted instance)?
3. What operation are you doing when you get this error?
4. Is there any additional output mentioning an authentication issue, incorrect password, or anything similar?
5. What is the operating system on the machine you are working when you get this error?
Kind regards,Theodora
Hi Theodora i have the same issue when i try to push. Sourcetree ask me for the credentials but always show same logon failed
Hi @Ronny Alvarado ,
This issue indeed seems to be related to authentication. I believe that SourceTree may be using incorrect stored credentials.
My suggestions are:
1. Clear any stored credentials from SourceTree for https://github.com/
On Windows a. On the tool bar click "Tools" >> click "Options" b. On the "Options" window click "Authentication" tab c. Identify stored credentials to GitHub and remove them.
On Mac a. Click Sourcetree > Preferences >> Accounts b. On Accounts tab, remove stored credentials.
2. Additionally, clear any stored credentials for https://github.com/ from Windows Credential Manager (if you're on Windows) or from Keychain Access (if you are on Mac).
Then try to pull or push again. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.
I had a same problem on Windows 10.None of those answers did not work for me. I finally found that git version could be the problem. After upgrade git version I have no more authentication issue.
$ git update-git-for-windows
thanks
this worked for me thank you
I understood some bug issues. A very nice short answer.. Thanks..
I followed @Theodora Boudale instructions above, but went a step further by authorizing adding my Github account.
Here's what I did -- Click on "authentication" >> "Add" >> set "Host service" to Github from the dropdown list >> "Preferred protocol" HTTPS >> "Authentication" to OAuth, enter you Github user name, it'll prompt you for password and would redirect you to a github page to login, and then it will show a page with Source tree and github logos with a list of access permission, and a CTA to confirm.
Hopefully it works for anyone seeking some assistance!
If you are still getting this error for Visual Studio 2019 and updating GCM is not working then please use app password instead of your regular BitBucket login password as of Mar 1 2022 BitBucket stopped using regular password for API based authentication. See reference
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Announcement-Bitbucket-Cloud-account-password-usage-for-Git-over/ba-p/1948231
1. Go to Tools in Sourcetree > Options >Authentication
2. Delete account from there.
3. Then click On Add button and refresh OAuth Token
4. After success ... Get On Your Work
Save my life!!!!
Thanks 👏
I resolved this after I did the following.
Thanks
This worked - Thanks for sharing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.