Hi,
I have a question regarding the windows installation. I plan to use JIRA in an environment where I have to take care a bit more about security. During the installation of JIRA I identified three components on the server which I have to take care of. First the JRE and second the tomcat and last but not least JIRA itself. I'm just talking about security vulnerabilities here. I read that the best way to keep JIRA up to date is the rapid upgrade method. This method includes besides JIRA itself the JRE and Tomcat. The question I have is how fast are new versions available when there are new releases of the JRE and Tomcat? On a Linux server I think I would take care of them separately by my self but as I understand the rapid upgrade method correctly I do not have this option on a Windows installation.
Please don't ask me why I'm going to install JIRA on a Windows machine. Its a customer requirement.
Are there any best practices for maintaining security releases for each of the products?
Thank you for your answers.
Regards,
Alex