Is there any built in option that I can leverage to send remainders to approver every week or every other day until they approved the particular thing in JIRA?
Consider using a filter and subscription. If you need assistance in this please let me know.
@SPATEL , as Jack mentioned, you can use subscription. But in case you need any specific text, you could set up some automation like adding the reminder text as a comment to the ticket (via scriptrunner escalation service or automation for jira) that in turn triggers the comment notification or script to send a direct email with the desired text
Yep and the advantage of this approach is you hit a target audience per issue. The subscription hits a broad audience which would include issues where an approver may not be interested.
@Jack Brickey Thanks!
Hi @Fazila Ashraf Thanks! I was thinking about the subscription only but then had the question that you already answered. It means there is no in built functionality for personalized email or comment that I can use with subscription.Hey @Jack Brickey Thanks for answering my potential next question. I totally agree with you, it's giving me the same issue. As I want to just send remainders to approvers for their specific issues. If there is not other inbuilt setting that I can use for condition, then I might think of creating individual filters for each approvers, but then that's lots of work
We used Notification Assistant for Jira (from Marketplace) for a requirement like this in the past.Here is the example from back then:
The downside of "some kind" - it is an additional App which needs additional payment.
Filter Subscriptions like Fazila and Jack said are also cool but cannot be fine-tuned in some ways.
Cheers,Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.