When using the Service Desk's built-in mail handler, issues can be created and comments can be made via email.
I would like to set up a mail handler to only allow comments via email, but not allow issues to be created in a service desk via email, only via the portal.
I tried creating a Custom Mail Handler with the handler type 'Add a comment from the non quoted email body' but this does not add a comment to the issue when replying via email.
Comments via the portal work fine.
I see the following error in the Mail Handler log with debugging turned on:
2015-01-27 16:30:03,494 atlassian-scheduler-quartz1.clustered_Worker-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner Test [atlassian.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] Test[10003]: User 'Customer 4' does not have permission to comment on an issue in project '10001'.
I have made sure that the 'Customer 4' is in the 'Users' and 'Service Desk Customers' groups for the project.
Any ideas?