We have 2 Jira projects for the same product. On one of them, we use the status fields as they were meant to be used. On the other, we have a custom workflow and all Jiras are resolved on creation according to Jira, but not to us.
I want to use the open v resolved chart on the dashboard, but it basically says that all issues were resolved as soon as they were created - which isn't helpful.
Is there a chart or report I can use on the dashboard to show the open/closed ratio?
To help you, here is the query I run to get items that are truly resolved in the first quarter:
(project = PROJ7 AND ("PROJ PT Product Docs (PD)" is not EMPTY) AND status in (closed, verified) AND status changed FROM "Product Docs" to "Verified" during (2020-01-01,2020-04-01)) OR (project = PROJ AND component = documentation AND status in (verified, closed, resolved) and resolutiondate >= 2020-01-01 and resolutiondate < 2020-04-01)