Hello!
We have Jira Servicedesk (Server Edition, version. 4.5.4 with 3 agents and we have troubles with request creation via e-mail.
Personal 'Other' e-mail channel was configured. I deleted this mail channel and created it again. And I got the confirmation e-mail that confirm the custom email account is connected, which says: "Your service desk email channel is ready to receive requests!". However, new e-mails received by this e-mail doesn't create any Jira Service Desk requests. These e-mails also are unopened and remains in unread status.
However, if customers will create request by customer portal, issues will successfully create in project. And my test user in Jira Service Desk customer role got a confirmation email.
I have come across multiple similar threads, such as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-sent-to-the-service-desk-address-create-no-ticket/qaq-p/1047505 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-not-creating-requests-issues-in-Service-Desk/qaq-p/1048767 . I have verified / conducted the following steps:
- Go to Jira settings > System > Global mail settings and verify email puller and email processor are set to "On".
- Navigate to Project settings > Customer permissions, under "Who can access the portal and send requests", it is set to "Anyone can send a request without logging in".
- Navigate to Project settings > Email requests, the email request type is assigned to a request type that has "Summary" and "Description" visible in the customer request form.
- Navigate to Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests:
- The e-mail address shows a status of "No e-mail received ever". But, the email is received in the e-mail account and remains unread.
- Clicking test on the e-mail also is successful, saying "No problems found with email settings configuration. Successfully connected to the specified email server."
When I tried configure custom mail handler for this e-mqil and this project , and click button 'Test', I got an error message 'Found 357 messages, created one comments, issuses did not created, you should be in Jira Service Desk team'