I am trying below:
- User manjit sends mail to Email Address defined in Project Settings --> Email requests defined in JIRA service desk project.
- JIRA creates a ticket as expected with JIRA ticket ID TNSD-1
- User manjit goes to "Sent items" folder of Outlook and replies to the mail in step 1
- JIRA creates new ticket TNSD-2
I was expecting that since it is reply of same mail, JIRA should not create new ticket. However in step 3 if I am putting JIRA ticket ID TNSD-1 in mail subject, JIRA is updating comment on existing ticket.
Below are configuration:
Configuration for "Add Comments" in Project Settings --> Permissions:
Project Role: Service Desk Team, Administrators
Group: Anyone on the web
Service desk customer - portal access
Configuration for "Customer Permissions" in "Project Setting":
Who can raise requests?
Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal
Who can customers share requests with?
Any customer, by typing an email address
Please help. Let me know if any other details required.
Regards
Manjit Modi