Several months ago, we migrated to Jira Data Center from another issue tracker. We made use of the External System Import feature using the JSON file format. Fortunately, the migration went smoothly and all Jira standard and custom fields got populated correctly. However, we deliberately did not bring all of the change history entries from the old tracker into Jira. Rather, we imported only those change history items that had to do with status changes.
Now several months later, our project management team wants the change history items pertaining to component changes to be incrementally imported from the old tracker into Jira.
For this purpose, I created a JSON file with all the component change history entries. Below is a simplified version of it with two change items:
1. Change of component from kelvin to hobbes by user john_doe
2. Change of status from Open to Closed by user jane_doe
(I included the second status change entry only to illustrate the issue I'm running into)
{
"projects":[
{
"key":"TESTPROJ",
"issues":[
{
"history":[
{
"author":"john_doe",
"created":"2020-10-13T12:46:24-07:00",
"items":[
{
"fieldType":"jira",
"field":"Component/s",
"fromString":"kelvin",
"toString":"hobbes"
}
]
},
{
"author":"jane_doe",
"created":"2020-07-30T08:37:25-07:00",
"items":[
{
"fieldType":"jira",
"field":"Status",
"fromString":"Open",
"toString":"Closed"
}
]
}
],
"key":"TESTPROJ-1"
}]
}]
}Notice the fieldName I used is Component/s, as it appears in the Jira UI.
I'm able to import this JSON file successfully with zero errors or warnings. However, in the Jira change history, the name of the field shows up as issue.field.component/s instead of Component/s. I have attached a screenshot to show the problem.
Notice that the entry for the Status change from Open to Closed shows up correctly.
I have tried replacing Component/s in my JSON file with the following, but it still shows up as issue.field.component/s:
- Component
- Components
- component/s
- component
- components
- Component\/s

I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get from Atlassian or the Atlassian community!
Many thanks,
Kamran Ansari