Is it possible to change the font face and size in Confluence?
Yes, with a bit of css. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Fonts+in+Confluence
Ah yes, thanks Nic. I know about that, but I meant on the page itself, not globally.
Sorry, I should have made that clear.
Thanks.
yes using the {style} macro from Adaptavist (link) ad putting in some css attributes.
Ah, ok. In that case, what mitch827 said :-)
Thanks to you both.
The Adaptavist macro cuold be useful, but not in this case. We want users to be abel to do this in wysiwyg mode, nothing complicated like CSS.
I think we'll have to see this as a non-starter and badge Atlassian to add the functionality to the editor at some point.
Cheers,
Make the font in Word and copy-paste into Confluence. Usually works for both fonts and for font sizes (but not in this comment box. Like this: Strange font.
However, when I then copy it from the wiki page and paste it elsewhere in the wiki, it becomes normal text!
Html macro may also help (you could use html code to select fonts?).
Font and font size should be easily available. Why did I not find the copy-paste hint anywhere and why are there no menus for fonts and sizes in Confluence?
I'm not sure which version of Confluence you're running, but in 5.7.1, when I paste from Word, the font size and type information are stripped out, and only basic things like bold or italics are preserved.
Not being able to select font type and size in WYSIWYG mode is really a PITA. When I cut/paste information from another source, it often carries font "baggage" with it. I have found the only way to fix this is to use the "Inspect Element" from the right-click menu, then edit out all the font tags from the HTML. Very ugly and error-prone, as one actually has to understand the underlying HTML to do this.
This is ludicrous. What WYSIWYG editor doesn't let you change the font of a word!? I want to "preformat" a file name in a sentence. I can't. FFS.
It's a wiki, not a publishing platform
Agree with Jeff... I'm trying to set up a program management page.. this is not looking good at all.
What wiki doesn't let you change the font of a word? I would say "get with the times", except that even the most basic wiki of 10-15 years ago had [ preformat ] or similar.
So, you've not bothered to try the formatting that is available? My point stands though - this is a tool for collaboratio, sharing information, it's not about making it pretty. If you look at the best information tools out there, they remain visually simple and consistent - jumping around with fonts and colours makes it harder and more annoying to read and detracts from the content. Take a look at the most popular one people know (wikipedia) - there's very little formatting there (and last time I looked, Confluence had a slightly wider range of formatting options than those used in wikipedia, although it really could use a better reference and citation system)
I had 5.7. Sometimes it works like that, sometimes font and font size are preserved. But html macro works (if you have enabled it). True, there should be an easier way.
There are three options I know of:
1) You can determine the font for a whole paragraph (Heading 1, Quote and so one) by using the first dropdown in the toolbar.
2) You can use the formatting options right of that dropdown to make a word bold or monospaced.
3) You can use the insert-dropdown insert custom markup.
I had a similar issue, but by clicking the button to the right of the colour formatting button, and then selecting "clear all formatting" I was able to remove all the "baggage" and format specific parts of the copy/pasted text in the way I wanted. Hope that helps someone.
Hi. Has anything happened on this front? I'd like to select font types and colors. I see in this answer block I can do the other types of font manipulations - underline, bold, extra.
My students report cutting and pasting from word doesn't generally preserve the formatting.
I'm only finding ways to jigger the css. What I'd like is a pull-down on the page with fonts and with colors. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Mike
best way to format headers and so on in existing text is to use the <> 'open in source editor' and then edit the html directly, adding <h3> your simple header </h3> etcetera. The wysiwyg is beyond my feeble understanding.
Where do you find that 'open in source editor'?
Is there then a high risk that the page gets really broken or that at least you loose the formations when you next update Confluence? Or even if you use some strong plug-in?
In our install, when editing a page, top R of toolbar has 3 icons - magnifying glass, the symbols <>, and a question mark.The middle one is 'open in source editor'.I was able to completely break the page I was editing in wysiwsg, had to revert to the plain text (created and saved in a text editor, since this has happened before). For me editing html is safer than the wysi..
The problem is you used Ctrl-V (or Command-V) to paste. Confluence treats this as "preformatted" text and won't let you change anything about it.Instead, use Shift-Ctrl-V (or Shift-Command-V) to paste, as "unformatted." Now you can change its style and edit it.
Strange Ctrl-Shift-V pasted nothing for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.