What's the easy way to do this check in JIRA update:
* If someone changes the fix version to 'Released", i want to make sure there's no open ticket associated with this fix version.
With a saved filter on that version, look for the number of issues
So when I'm editing an issue, I should only be able select the Fix Version named "Release" if there are no other issues that are using that version? The only way I can think would be JavaScript in a field configuration's description for the Fix Version/s field. The script would make a call to check the results of the JQL filter and modify the DOM based on the result. Tricky.
Thanks for the response, Matt.
This will require user to do a check him/herself. Is there an automatic way to do so?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.