Hello Community,
I have done some reading on the other posts about getting SSL working for Confluence and I am still having the same error - "Page cannot be displayed - remote device or resource won't accept the connection."
I have not adjusted the web.xml (is this step required?), only set the base URL (we have it at http://confluenceuat/confluence and I made it https://confluenceuat/confluence).
Here is my server.xml:
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"
keystoreFile="D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\myKeystore.p12" keystorePass="<password>"
keyAlias="myAlias" keystoreType="PKCS12"/>
I am using a PKCS12 keystore as you can see by the keystore file and the Type. The cert was signed by our company root CA and we use this same type of cert for our other internal systems. It also has a different alias, which from some other posts shouldn't be an issue if its specified. I have also tried importing the certificate from our .p12 to a .keystore created according to Atlassian Docs with the same result.
I have had some errors in my catalina logs such as the key not being read etc, but I've resolved those. Now when I start it up these are the only Warning logs I have:
operty [debug] to [0]
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.433 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetAllPropertiesRule.begin [SetAllPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Connector} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.464 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.464 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.480 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.496 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setPath A context path must either be an empty string or start with a '/' and do not end with a '/'. The path [${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy] does not meet these criteria and has been changed to [/${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy]
13-Nov-2020 11:30:34.496 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
and
13-Nov-2020 11:31:50.810 WARNING [Catalina-utility-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor The path attribute with value [/synchrony-proxy] in deployment descriptor [D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\conf\Standalone\localhost\synchrony-proxy.xml] has been ignored
13-Nov-2020 11:31:50.810 WARNING [Catalina-utility-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.SetContextPropertiesRule.begin [SetContextPropertiesRule]{Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
I don't think these are related to my https specific config, though, as I see them even when https isn't enabled / commented out in the server.xml. My INFO logs show the following (and these logs end the catalina.log file after a service restart):
13-Nov-2020 11:31:53.904 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8090"]
13-Nov-2020 11:31:53.919 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["https-jsse-nio-8443"]
13-Nov-2020 11:31:53.935 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in [79,002] milliseconds
No errors that appear to be key-related.
I also ran netstat -ab and see TCP [::]:8443 is listening. I'm at a loss now, I'm pretty sure I tried just about everything from the docs and other Community posts. Does anyone see something I missed?