I found a document: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-get which has rest api to create jira project , and projectTemplateKey in request body.When I create a jira project by rest api, I want an existed jira project as template. How can I know the existed jira project's projectTemplateKey?
Hi @Ronaldo Huang
Welcome to community, I think you're referring to the shared template API.
/rest/project-templates/1.0/createshared/{projectId}
Where ProjectId is the id of the existing project.
However that API is not official if you're using Cloud, so I wouldn't rely on it so much but you can test it to see if it works for you!
Wow! It really works.
But I'm confused that why that API is not official? ^_^
@Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP
It's because, most of the time users wouldn't really want to create a project based of another Project from an API perspective. Likewise if the API is not documented on Atlassian developer pages it isn't official. which means it can stop working at any time without any prior notification to you the user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.