I have two fields one in the create screen and one in the view screen. The first field is named computer and the options are monitor, printer and scanner. The second field is named approver and the options are bob, mike and joe. When I choose monitor in the create screen it should auto populate bob in the view screen under approver. I know this can be done with automation but is there another way to do this? With automation sometimes there is a lag to auto populate. Also, scriptrunner would not be a viable option since the code might need to be updated later on. Furthermore, cascading list would not be a option since the request is to not show the approver in the create screen only when the user selects a computer option then it should auto populate in the view screen who the corresponding approver is. I was thinking post functions would work.
If there is a solution to refreshing the page after the automation is complete I would be open to this. I read about the re fetch action but not sure if this refreshes the page for automation to show.
I appreciate any input.