I posted an open letter to the founders, that articulates my feelings in words around the changes to on-prem offerings.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/An-Open-Letter-Atlassian-s-Forgotten-Middle-re-The/ba-p/1510036#M3448
But there still lingers this visceral cognitive dissonance that I think can only be expressed by the following image:
Ending server with no affordable DC tier is just so vastly out of character for the Atlassian that I know to be true. I can't reconcile that.
My Atlassian spark and excitement has gone out. As a result I've decided to step down from the role of community leader.
People are important, and any one person, statistically might not be. As just a individual I likely will fall into that category. That doesn't invalidate the sadness and disappointment that I feel, but when you stop caring, and when the thoughtful forward thinking messages sent by Atlassianabout building great teams, now ring hollow, instead of creating inspiration, it's time for change.
I am still gobsmacked by the fact that Atlassian is willing to write off 30 000 customers.
"It will be difficult to forecast how our 30,000 server customers will react to our recently announced end-of-life plans" (page 15)https://s2.q4cdn.com/141359120/files/doc_financials/2021/q1/TEAM-Q1-2021-Shareholder-Letter.pdf.
For everyone looking for alternatives the best site I have seen is https://bye-bye-server.com/.
C'est la vie. Bonne chance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.