A particular user had a problem with uploading two zip files on issue "create screen. He was getting the error "An internal error has occurred. Please contact your administrator". After several attempts, he attached the files. I did not find anything in atlassian-jira.log but I found these messages in catalina.log:
WARNING [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadCompleted Thread [ajp-nio-8009-exec-863] (id=[859758]) was previously reported to be stuck but has completed. It was active for approximately [300,100] milliseconds.
WARNING [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve.notifyStuckThreadDetected Thread [ajp-nio-8009-exec-805] (id=[825068]) has been active for [127,209] milliseconds (since [11/5/20 8:20 PM]) to serve the same request for [https://myjira.com/rest/internal/2/AttachTemporaryFile?filename=upg7673.zip&size=52085760&atl_token=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX&formToken=10fc370375dae9622b3a5d43841883e360e4f3df&projectId=10505] and may be stuck (configured threshold for this StuckThreadDetectionValve is [120] seconds). There is/are [1] thread(s) in total that are monitored by this Valve and may be stuck.
java.lang.Throwable
at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:175)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Signaller.block(CompletableFuture.java:1693)
at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.managedBlock(ForkJoinPool.java:3323)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.waitingGet(CompletableFuture.java:1729)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:1895)
at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promises$OfStage.claim(Promises.java:280)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager.createTemporaryAttachment(DefaultAttachmentManager.java:911)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.createTemporaryWebAttachmentWithoutValidation(DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.java:148)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.access$000(DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.java:62)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager$1.get(DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.java:109)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager$1.get(DefaultTemporaryWebAttachmentManager.java:106)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.util.PreValidatedActionExecutor.executeFailOnFirstError(PreValidatedActionExecutor.java:40)
.................
I tried to reproduce this error, but everything works good for me. Does anybody know why it happened?