Hi Community,
I have a question regarding Jira. I want to export certain information from a project to Word. The export should contain the following: Key Summary Issue left Pre-Condition Test Action Passport Criteria Epic link Description and very important: the commentary history ! Can you help me and tell me how it works?Thanks a lot !
Hi @Shirley Breuer
Are you insisting on the Word output or would other formats like PDF also suffice?
Hi @Levente Szabo _Midori_ Other formats, such as Excel, would also suffice but PDF should not be used.
Then one possible way to do it is with the Better Excel Exporter app. It comes with a built-in template that will export the change history or comments of your Jira tickets. See an example here and more among the Export Samples Gallery:
I suspect by some of your mentioned custom field names that those are either not built-in or coming from third-party apps (like Pre-condition and Test action are from a test management app?) so compatibility of your required fields should be tested.
I recommend giving the app a try and reach out with questions to the support team, for hands-on advice.
(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)
Disclaimer: I´m employed at Ease Solutions, the provider of the app R4J - Requirements Management for Jira
Hello @Levente Szabo _Midori_ ,
You could use the word template export feature of our app R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. It offers you the freedom to configure all details in your export in any format MS Word offers, please see our documentation for tutorials, templates and export language support. Each comment can be handled via a loop over your issues, like in our example:
Result in (e.g.):
A prerequisite is to
If you need help to create your templates we can also support you with consulting service.
Best Regards, Bernhard
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.