What is the difference between these systems? JSM is the new generation of JSD? (Server)
Jira service management is the newest iteration of the service desk. From the Atlassian website:
To be fair, it’s not really a “this vs that” scenario, because Jira Service Management includes all the functionality of Jira Service Desk with richer ITSM capabilities. Jira Service Desk is now part of Jira Service Management.
How did we get here? We created Jira Service Desk in 2013, after we noticed that nearly 40% of our customers had adapted Jira to handle service requests. Thousands of teams managed requests through service desks, reduced manual effort, and set up workflows across their organizations in departments like HR and legal.
In 2020, we introduced Jira Service Management to further unlock development, IT operations, and business teams, so they can deliver exceptional service experiences.
In addition to including rich capabilities from Jira Service Desk, such as a request portal, service catalog, queues, and SLAs, here’s what’s new in Jira Service Management:
By integrating additional ITSM features and allowing your teams to work more seamlessly the new Jira Service Management will increase productivity while improving customer service. I would suggest signing up for one of the weekly demos to see the new features in action.
Branding. They are trying to sound more ITSM.
It looks like they are trying to revive the "jira-ops" product from 2 years ago.
In cloud, they are bundling Opsgenie with jira service desk, and adding a few integration points between them. And maybe adding a few touchpoints with bitbucket.
Eventually they are going to bundle Insight asset management with it as well and some other natural language processing product they purchased.
So its basically bundling a few recently purchased products together under a new name.
On the server/datacenter side, there is even less. Its a name change as far as I can tell.
I would like specifics on "deeper integrations with Jira Software, Bitbucket, and Confluence". If there is a documentation page listing these, please include it. That also goes for "The new agent experience".
As an Admin, I want exact new feature details so that my users don't stumble over changes we don't expect and so that we can make use of the added features.
As an Admin with other duties, I want explicit summaries of features that are also linked to detailed breakdowns so that I can support my Service Desk team efficiently.
Mark,
I would suggest watching the product demo. It shows how they have changed the interface "deeper integration" so you can see more information in one place. I believe that this is the link https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/demo-on-demand
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.