I reopen this topic for visibility, as the proposed solution to downgrade to 2.7 (while being in 4.0+ now) is not acceptable in 2020.
Please Atlassian, do something about it.
Original link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Device-not-configured-error/qaq-p/767223
Original description:
I got the latest version of sourcetree yesterday. (April 4th 2018) I am unable to push my code changes to remote . I see the below error. How ever I have my password set up in sourcetree for my bitbucket account.Please help.git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags --set-upstream origin refs/heads/feature/branchName:refs/heads/feature/branchNamePushing to https://sdodderi@bitbucket.org/domainName/projectname.gitfatal: could not read Password for 'https://sdodderi@bitbucket.org': Device not configuredCompleted with errors, see above
I got the latest version of sourcetree yesterday. (April 4th 2018) I am unable to push my code changes to remote . I see the below error. How ever I have my password set up in sourcetree for my bitbucket account.
Please help.
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags --set-upstream origin refs/heads/feature/branchName:refs/heads/feature/branchName
Pushing to https://sdodderi@bitbucket.org/domainName/projectname.git
fatal: could not read Password for 'https://sdodderi@bitbucket.org': Device not configured
Completed with errors, see above
Almost a year and Atlassian said nothing about it...thats why im migrating my projects to another git provider.
Hi , these two solutions combined helped me.
1. - https://gist.github.com/RockinPaul/6b012b106c4175469ee39bde12fb67f7
2. - https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/using-embedded-git-or-system-git-in-sourcetree-785323587.html
Hope it helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.