Hi. Is this a Jira bug or just bad practice?
When calculating the Remaining Time Estimate, the Workload by Assignee dialog (In the Backlog view, click the "..." in the sprint header) is not counting issues assigned to you that are subtasks of a story that is assigned to someone else. Furthermore, when showing your totals, it's counting subtasks assigned to someone else in stories that belong to you.
Example 1: Story ABC has two subtasks. There are 0 hours logged for the story itself, but 8 hours assigned to me in Subtask 1 and 16 hours assigned to John Smith in Subtask 2. The dialog shows I have 3 days remaining time for that story.
Example 2: I have 3 stories assigned to me for this sprint, totaling 40 hours. But John Smith has a story assigned to him and he added a subtask for 16 hours and assigned it to me. The dialog shows that I have 40 hours remaining.
Bug? Got a workaround? Thanks