Update: (I can't figure out how to delete the post). I solved this. Apparently when I included sprint into the query, it started to exclude all tickets where sprint field was empty. So adding in Sprint is EMPTY solved the problem
project = PIL AND issuetype in (story, bug, Task) AND (Sprint not in openSprints() OR Sprint is EMPTY) AND status not in (Canceled, "Notation Only (No Impact)", Done, Resolved, "In UAT", Validation, "Selected for Deployment", "On Hold") ORDER BY key DESC
I don't understand the results I'm getting from issue search queries:
Query 1: If I enter the following query I get 161 results
project = PIL AND issuetype in (story, bug, Task) AND status not in (Canceled, "Notation Only (No Impact)", Done, Resolved, "In UAT", Validation, "Selected for Deployment", "On Hold") ORDER BY key DESC
Query 2: If I run the following query, I get 19 results:
project = PIL and sprint in openSprints()
Query 3--combining them. Here, I would expect to get 142 results. But I only get 18 results.
project = PIL AND issuetype in (story, bug, Task) AND sprint not in openSprints() AND status not in (Canceled, "Notation Only (No Impact)", Done, Resolved, "In UAT", Validation, "Selected for Deployment", "On Hold") ORDER BY key DESC
It's not just an issue with open sprints. If I put in my current sprint specifically (Sprint != 147) it still drops too many results
Anyone have any ideas?