Hi - I need to search for issues created in the last month for a report dashboard, however the business rules of the company for reporting purposes is that their month ends on the last Friday of every normal calender month. I had been using
createdDate > startOfMonth(-1) and createdDate < endOfMonth(-1)
but it is naturally starting on the 1st and ending on either the 30th or 31st, as you would expect, so this is close, but not actually doing exactly what i need.
To give a specific example of what I need, in April of 2016, I want to filter for anything in the previous month. So based on the business rule that Friday is the last day, I want the filtered range to end Friday 25th March, but the tricky part is the start of the range is actually 27 Feb.
I need the filter to be reusable, so obviously cant hard code and dates etc. Any ideas as to how I could search for my custom period?