My question is mainly a licensing issue.
We have a Bitbucket setup that recently hit the license cap. We have scheduled an upgrade for the future, according to our team's growth plan, but we must continue to perform backups. Our team is made by the exact number of licenses of our Bitbucket installation, so I removed the system's "admin" account and leverage only on LDAP authentication for our team members, including myself with role Admin.
Now, the DIY backup script is based on hardcoding an admin's credentials into the script itself. Before removing the admin user, it was "the chosen" to pause Bitbucket instance during backup.
I have discussed this issue with my boss. At the current time, we cannot upgrade Bitbucket to a larger number of seats for just a technical user (that is not going to commit anything), and also we are exactly as much as our seats. We could indefinitely discuss about how bad is to hardcode a password in a script file but eventually I have been instructed not to hardcode even my own password, even if I offered myself as volunteer.
Simple question is: is there any workaround to hardcoding a user's LDAP password in the DIY-backup script? Is it possible in Bitbucket to create users that do not count towards the license limit and to have them perform maintenance tasks? Is it possible to authenticate using DIY script with a method different than the user's LDAP password?