We just upgraded to Jira Server 8.11. Now when users start typing in the name of an active or future sprint in the Sprint field, the search mechanism in the Sprint field does not always find the sprint.
For example, say my sprint is called "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire". I can type in the Sprint field "MyProject Sprint " and it will show a list of possible sprints including "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire". If I continue typing in the name, e.g. "MyProject Sprint 5 ", suddenly it says "No Matches". Surely it should still find "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire".
Then if I cancel out of creating that issue, and then come back later, suddenly, the search is acting normally, and I can find "MyProject Sprint 5 Claire" if I search for "MyProject Sprint ", "MyProject Spint 5 ", or even just "Claire".
Has anyone seen this behavior or know why it is occurring?
Thanks!