After a lot of frequent updates they all stopped all the sudden. There hasn't been an update to SourceTree in 10 months (24 Jan 2020). Is SourceTree being discontinued?
No, as of now Atlassian hasn't made any announcements involving the discontinuation of sourcetree.
I am not convinced. What's stalling them? Hoping an employee will come here and drop a reply.
According to a post from June there have some been some rumours around that there is no future - on the other hand there has been reportings that there is no sign for such change.Probably you gain some more insights from this one - at the moment there is no official announcement to my knowledge but no significant progress either (as for new versions).https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-Enterprise/Sourcetree-is-no-longer-supported-what-is-a-good-alternative/td-p/1403719
If Atlassian will abandon SourceTree I hope they release the source for the community to continue developing. It's a great app and it enables users to have more fun with Git. I personally choose SourceTree every day over the other Git tools available. Let's cross our fingers there will be good news..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.