I am trying to grant access to my Jira users to log into Confluence.
n the document "Connecting to Crowd or Jira for User Management" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html), it has these instructions:
3. In order to use Confluence, users must be a member of the confluence-users group or have Confluence 'can use' permission. Follow these steps to configure your Confluence groups in your JIRA application:
- Add the
confluence-users and confluence-administrators groups in your JIRA application. - Add your own username as a member of both of the above groups.
- Choose one of the following methods to give your existing JIRA users access to Confluence:
- Option 1: In your JIRA application, find the groups that the relevant users belong to. Add the groups as members of one or both of the above Confluence groups.
- Option 2: Log in to Confluence using your JIRA account and go to the Confluence Administration Console. Click 'Global Permissions' and assign the 'can use' permission to the relevant JIRA groups.
I've done the pre-requisite steps (not included above), and also steps 1 and 2 above. In step 3, I can't complete option 1, as I can't add a group to another group. I can't complete option 2, as the 'relevant JIRA groups' don't appear anywhere in confluence.
I don't particularly want to install Crowd; looking at the above support document, I shouldn't have to. Any help would be appreciated.