Hi,
I've been documenting a JIRA install and have noticed the new "Plugin Requests" feature in Universal Plugin Manager 2.5.1, but I can't find any documentation on how users request plugins to be installed - only thing I could find was a comment at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+JIRA%27s+Plugins also asking where the documentation was.
Is this feature partially implemented for planned future functionality, or is there some way now that users are able to request plugins to be installed on an instance and have those requests appear in the "Plugin Requests" tab of the UPM?
Cheers,
Andrew.
Users have a new option under their user name titled "Atlassian Marketplace". If a user clicks on that they get sent to the marketpage page where they can search through plugins and use the request button to make a request. They get an option to include a note with the request.
Administrators get the Plugin Requests menu that lets them see who, when, note, and which plugin aswell as the marketplace info for a plugin. Admins can cancel the request.
Don't see anything about permissions or restrictions.
Cheers Jason. I saw the Marketplace option under my profile menu, but was just seeing "Install" rather than "Request" as I was using an admin account.
Thanks,
@Andrew: that's because you are the admin. No worry about that. Users without admin rights will see "Request" instead
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.