Hello,
I am attempting to get the Log Work screen available for one of our projects in JIRA but I am not having any luck. I have set the Work on Issues permission for the group that needs the Log Work screen but the Log Work menu item is not displaying. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work? The help documentation indicates that should be the only thing we need to do. We are running version 4.2.2-b589.
Thanks in advance.
Ah, have you enabled work logging and timetracking in the general settings? (I don't actually know that you need the timetracking enabled, but you might)
Time tracking is enabled. Does work logging also need to be enabled? I couldn't see an option for that in the general settings.
For Work on Issues and Edit Own Worklogs permissions in the Time Tracking Permissions section I have a global group called IT_Change_Creators and a project role called Engineer that have that permission. I have added myself to both the role and the group and don't see the menu item.
Hmm, I got that the wrong way around. Timetracking is a global option, and you need it enabled for work logs to appear.
You then need the "log work" permission, as you've already said, but there's no global switch, it's just the permission scheme.So, it must be the permissions - what exactly do you have in the permission scheme for that project?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.