I know this is a long shot but since I'm out of ideas I feel I have to at least ask if some of you have encountered something similar.
When some of our users copy and paste content from Confluence pages to Word, the images get broken. The steps they take are:
- Select (with mouse) an area of a page including image(s).
- Copy the selection (either Ctrl-C or right click -> Copy).
- Paste the selection in to an empty Word document.
For them, everything else gets copied except the images. The thing is, I can't reproduce this behaviour on my computer coherently. The images are broken for me also occasionally (<5 % of times) but generally it works just fine. I haven't been able to find any difference in my computer and theirs. It fails/works in latest Chrome and Firefox and IE 10. We use Office 365 (Word 2012).