Can someone please let me know the best way of exporting multiple personal spaces for Confluence Administrator so that they can be imported to the new instance. I have been able to export and import the general spaces but for some reason Personal Spaces dont appear under the Space Permissions. I know one way would be to ask the users of those spaces to export and then import but that wont be feasible since we have many personal spaces and also some of the users are not active in the Confluence anymore so not how how can we do it for those users.
Many thanks
Hi @[deleted]
You will need to know the space key to be able to migrate them.
Then you can:
I will try and confirm the key part again as I did this a while back however note you need confluence admin permission for this.
Regards.
Thanks @Ismael Jimoh for your quick response however it did not work. When I am replacing the key, it gives me an error saying this space has not been made public so I dont have access.
As promised, to access, replace the entry after key with:
~<username>
Do not forget to remove <> but you need the curly thing before the username so your end result would be like:
<your-confluence-url>/spaces/viewspacesummary.action?key=~<username>
Hi @[deleted],
One additional thing to check is that the user account you're trying to access the spaces with is a member of the confluence-administrators group. In Confluence, that group provides special "super" access to some permissions beyond what the regular "Confluence Administrator" or "System Administrator" global permissions provide. More details are available here.
This cannot be done if you happen to have had a user from a userdirectory - and that user is no longer in that userdirectory. But the user actually created stuff in users "Personal Space".Then user is now only found in "unsynced from directory".And the content the user have created in Confluence is not available *anyone* - not even god would be able to fetch that information from Confluence GUI ? May be possible from database, I guess.But how.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.