We have verified that our Safari users are not able to browse to the Jira Service Desk portal. Where this seems to be working fine in other browsers.
We also are able to use Safari to view the agent view.
Hi @Matthew Gaffney
I will suggest doing the following:
If you can reproduce the problem then:
Regards.
Does safari have something similar to a developer console?
I suggest opening that and seeing whether the page throws any errors. I’ve had something similar with IE and scriptrunner behaviours.
Also, if your environment allows, try disabling addons to see if any recent update causes it. did u update to 4.11 recently?
Further troubleshooting on this within our team and we've identified this to be an issue with the update we just applied for the HelpCenter Corrector app.
From what I can tell so far is the User Interface for that app hasn't changed, so it's not clear to me what has changed to make this stop working in Safari only.
*EDIT*
We also tested this in our Demo environment where the plug in doesn't exist and the issue remains.
That’s what I assumed. Open that developer console and submit a bug with them. (could be a known issue)
u can always downgrade the app to verify
I've reached out to them. Thank you for the suggestions.
We've ruled out the app. We've submitted an issue to Apple as this version of Safari had other bugs, and so far as we can tell the issue started after the latest version of Safari was installed on our computers. This update happened around the same time as our last JSD update too... so it makes it harder to pinpoint things. :-)
We have just a few Apple users, and not all of them use Safari, so it's possible this has been occurring for a couple of weeks already now.
I did use a JavaScript developer console option in Safari. The errors there that stood out were:
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: responseData
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: responseData
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 () (ui-portal.js.map, line 0)
Do you also ge that when you disable the app?
Otherwise I'd still send it to the vendor
EDIT!! @Matthew Gaffney
We were having he exact same issue. Disabling the HelpCenter Corrector app did fix things for us in Safari on a Mac and on Phone!
I realize you tried this and it didn't work for you but I'd encourage you to try it again as we had what sounded like the exact same problem and we had upgrade the app just yesterday when the problems started.
Your post really helped us solve it. Thanks and wishing you good luck!
dany
Glad things worked out well for you. We're still seeing mixed results. Disabling HelpCenter Corrector does seem to help, but I can still reproduce the error at times where HelpCenter Corrector is disabled or in instances where it was never installed.
We have been in talks with Apple and Atlassian. If anything I hope our talks with Apple result in some sort of diagnosis of how Apple renders the display in their browsers because this seems to be working fine in other browsers.
If there seems to be something Apple discovers we are doing to cause the issue, that will be helpful as well.
Sorry to hear you still have issues.
As mentioned, we have the same version running on Server on-prem without issues in Safari since removing Corrector. So my guess would be this plugin and other plugins are the cause as that's likely where we differ. I'd try uninstalling all plugins in a dev env, if you can.
All the best.
Always a good idea when you encounter these issues.
Try going in to Safe mode and enable each app on its own.
Depending on the amount of apps of course this can be an annoying process but you should at least find each app that is causing mayhem on its own!
https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html#Disablingandenablingapps-Disablingorenablingallapps(usingSafeMode)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.