Hi
Installed Confluence on ubuntu 20.04 with mysql. System is slow with heavy CPU. I have 4 x cpu with 8G ram allocated. No users connected but system is super slow to navigate. This is fresh installed OS and application. Can you please help us on fixing the issues.
Thank youChakri
Chakri,
Do you have any other applications on the server? Is there any antivirus running? Are you seeing any errors in the logs? If you can provide a little more information that would be great.
Usually this is due to a RAM issue. I would suggest also looking at this article about tuning your application. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/performance-tuning-130289.html
No this is a dedicated server with fresh installation of OS, confluence and mysql database with JDBC drivers. Confluence version --> atlassian-confluence-7.8.1OS --> Ubuntu 20.04Mysql --> mysql Ver 8.0.21 # cp /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/
Using top command, I could see all the 4 CPU threads to 100%. Thank youChakri
I re-installed the OS and application with postgres. Still the same CPU high load issues. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Can you provide some additional information.
I don't have any apps running. This is just a base installation with both postgres or mysql ( tried both ). More seems like a JAVA issue. Any suggestion on Java tuning? Ram --> 8G CPU --> 4 x vcpu Thank you
Thank you for your time. Attached is the screenshot of Java VM memory.
Here is the CATALINA_OPTS
CATALINA_OPTS-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -Djdk.tls.server.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2 -Dconfluence.context.path= -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options='' -Djava.locale.providers=JRE,SPI,CLDR -Dorg.apache.tomcat.websocket.DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE=32768 -Dsynchrony.enable.xhr.fallback=true -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseG1GC -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2020-10-22_20-59-38.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M -Xlog:gc+age=debug:file=/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2020-10-22_20-59-38.log::filecount=5,filesize=2M -XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions
I am also close to giving up on this version, wanted to go back to old version. Don't see anything out of ordinary in the catalina.out but I see garbage collection logs. Once again thank you for your time and help. [150915.119s][info ][gc ] GC(1868) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 530M->484M(1024M) 221.890ms[150989.809s][debug][gc,age] GC(1869) Desired survivor size 3670016 bytes, new threshold 2 (max threshold 15)[150990.007s][info ][gc ] GC(1869) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 530M->483M(1024M) 198.660ms[151103.073s][debug][gc,age] GC(1870) Desired survivor size 5242880 bytes, new threshold 15 (max threshold 15)[151103.170s][info ][gc ] GC(1870) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 556M->485M(1024M) 97.680ms[151267.163s][debug][gc,age] GC(1871) Desired survivor size 6815744 bytes, new threshold 15 (max threshold 15)[151267.486s][info ][gc ] GC(1871) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 581M->487M(1024M) 326.131ms
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.