Good Afternoon,
We have a Jira Service Desk (Server) 4.5.8 and Confluence (Server) setup on premise, they are both working behind a proxy (NGINX) and are only accessible via HTTPS with an Internal CA Signed certificate. So far both of them are working good and as they should.
I started to create an application link via HTTPS and I was not successful. After several research I found a way to create the link via HTTP by bypassing the proxy and creating a second connector listening HTTP on a different port both on the Service Desk and Confluence. So now I access both server's front-end via https while I have both server's application link on http and using different ports.
Service Desk - https://servicedesk.mydomain.com
Confluence - https://confluence.mydomain.com
SD Application link - http://192.168.0.30:8880
Conf Application link- http://192.168.0.31:8890
The link is working without any errors, Confluence Spaces with Service Desk projects are being linked and I even manage to see the relevant KB article visible in the Service Desk Portal, however when I try to open the article it keeps on loading end it is never displayed.
I try to access the front-end via HTTP://192.168.0.30:8880 and everything works fine, including the search function with articles in the portal, so it's not a matter of permissions I believe.
Is there anyway I can get the link to work via HTTP and still access both servers via https? or else do I need to change everything to https ?
Thanks a lot
Matt