I feel like I've looked everywhere to resolve this on my own, but am hoping someone will point me to something fairly easy that I've overlooked. Here's the situation...
In my project:
- Project permissions scheme prevents a certain role from being able to link issues.
- Screen configuration for Create, Edit and View all have "Linked Issues" field available.
- On this screen it clearly says "Note: when the screen is shown to the user only non-hidden fields that the user has permissions to edit will be actually displayed."
Yet, when a user with the restricted role creates an issue, the Linked Issues field is visible and allows them to make changes. Validation prevents anything they do from being saved, but I don't understand why the field even appears, especially since other restricted fields - such as Security Level and Assignee - do not appear.
I'm sure I'm missing something. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks.