I need to calculate an "incident duration" between 2 fields. I have access to the 2 fields, I am unsure how to calculate the minutes between
Hi @Michael Frahry ,
There are a few apps that you could use for your use case. E.g., these two posts describe how to subtract the dates using 'Script runner', 'Automation for Jira' or 'JWT'(Jira Workflow Toolbox):
Script runner: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Scriptrunner-Find-the-time-difference-between-2-date-time-fields/qaq-p/639353
JWT/Automation for Jira: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-calculate-two-date-fields-and-show-the-difference-in-days/qaq-p/1373672
Are you in the Cloud or Server? You can check the marketplace to check the apps and to verify if they are supported in the Cloud and/or Server:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/
Hi Michael, if you are running on Jira Server or Data Center, please take a look at Jira Misc Custom Fields (JMCF) - it's calculated fields - it will be super easy to calculate this fields using this app. This field will be searchable.
It is also much cheaper than workflow or scripting tools.
Note: I work for Innovalog, maker of JMCF.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.