Hi
using Jira 5.1.1 and the Subversion plugin 0.10.11I would like to upgrade to version 0.10.12, so I tried to follow the uninstall instruction on Plugin sitehttps://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin
Here it says to delete the service, but I don't have a delete Button/link availablewhat should i do?
(screenshot with no delete link)
Hmm, since it's version 0.10.11, it is a legacy plugin that can't be installed by means of UPM. I reckon you did install it correctly as a version 1 plugin, and that everything worked as it should be. However, since you would like to upgrade to 0.10.12 (version 2 plugin), you would need to clear the old ones first hand. I remember attempting this before, but I didn't delete the service at all.
All I did was:
Have you tried this direct route? I reckon the service may be re-created/replace the old one by this way.
Hi there,
You can install plugins manually following the steps found on this link:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/__installing+a+JIRA+plugin+manually
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Regards.
Celso Yoshioka.
HiI would like to uninstall the service not install it
regads Norbert
Im using the same plugin as you, and I don't have the "delete" link. Perhaps the documentation is outdated ...
Can you try to edit the service and put an empty Delay?
or go to Manage Add-ons and disable the whole plugin or some components to stop the service?
Edit: Ive read the link you posted, and the upgrade procedure (deploying files in web-inf/lib/...) makes no sense if you installed it using UPM. Can you try to disable the plugin from "Manage Plugins" and upload the new version with UPM?
Empty Delay doesn't work, i get the error
Please specify a delay longer than one minute.
I tried to disable the Plugin (Manage Plugins section) but this also doesn't effect a thing...
The only way to disable it was to delete every file with the name subversion in it.
Norbert,
The link you provided in the question, as far as I know, makes sense only if you installed the old plugin following the old-legacy method: copy the jars into WEB-INF/lib and restart. Is this your case?
If you installed that from UPM (uploading through the jira web), I think that you can upgrade it by using the manage addons without having to stop the service ...
thanks for the guideIt looks like it works, I'm going to comment on the plugin site to improve the uninstall guide
You're welcome, mate! Glad that it works now!
Sure thing, mate! Might as well make a shoutout to the developer to update the docs to reflect this change.
a little addon:
the file atlassian-subversion-plugin* didn't exist at my instance, I simple searched for *subversion* to find the right file
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.