Hi all, I'm asking for suggestions, ideas and brainstorms related to documenting / tracking / relating many products and their many, many features in Confluence.
Essentially, we need to document which products do or don't have which features, and if they do, link(s) to the documentation that provides more detail. The scale we are talking about is, say 250-350 individual features and 150 products.
To date this group has been using a very large Excel workbook, with features as rows and products as columns, and text in the individual cells.
Some of the options I can think of include,
- Continue using Excel but display the workbook on a wiki page
- Page Properties & Report macros (except I don't think PP/PPR are meant to scale to this degree)
- Figuring out something creative or crafty in Jira
- A Confluence add-on of some type (although this may not be an option for us)
I suspect that this situation really requires a relational database, but I don't have a good solution or option there yet.
Ideas? Examples? Brainstorms???? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.