Dear Sir/Madam !
I need to restrict the user(s) who can add/edit the Versions for a given JIRA project. Is there any way to do this in JIRA Version 6.4.11 !
Thanks.
:Gopal
Hello Gopal,
As far as I know, all the default permissions can be seen here: Managing Project Permissions, note that project permissions can also be used in workflow conditions.
You may want to check Managing versions.
I hope this helps!
Hi Lorenzo !
I do not see any way to restrict item specific way in permissions. I just want to restrict ‘Versions’ modification. Please advise if I am missing something.
Only project administrators can create/manage versions. Nobody else can. You will have to keep the project admin list to a minimum to make sure others cannot manage versions.
Gopal,
Quoting Jobin's answer, Managing Project Roles confirms what he said and show you how to do it.
Only Project administrators can create/manage permissions. Project administrators assign members to project roles specifically for their project(s).
Please, let me know if you still have doubts, I hope to have helped!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.