Updated Centos 8 to latest packages a few days ago and suddenly both Bitbucket and Confluence stopped working. There was an initial error that affected both products where a variable set in the config pointed to a specific version of OpenJDK that was removed with the upgrade. I fixed that, and now the error is neither product can connect to the mysql database. I'm using mysql 8.0 from the Centos distribution, I can connect manually using the relevant credentials, the latest connector is in place, the database is there, but it never even seems to reach the database server on the same machine with both bitbucket and Confluence. I'm reluctant to re-install the products, since I have code in bitbucket I don't want to have to re-upload. There are "errors" in the logs but some seem to be bogus, and I can't tell which ones are actually relevant. Anyone have any ideas where to look? My guess is this has to do with OpenJDK, since Jira (which has an embedded JRE) still works.
atlassian-bitbucket-7.5.0-x64.bin
atlassian-confluence-7.4.3-x64.bin
java-11-openjdk-11.0.8.10-0.el8_2.x86_64
java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless-1.8.0.265.b01-0.el8_2.x86_64
java-11-openjdk-headless-11.0.8.10-0.el8_2.x86_64