Hi,
we've been using Jira with local user database since the beginning but recently we integrated an Active Directory solution in our company. We would like to integrate Jira with Active Directory. The problem is that the user naming convention in active directory is different than the one we currently use in Jira. It's crucial for all users to be able to log in and have access to all thing they had previously access but since the user names in two bases are different it cannot be easily done. Do you have some autosuggestion how could we do this?
So far I found one solution but it's problematic. I am using a test instance. I've set it up so, that the Description field in the active directory is used as the user name and I've put the name of the user that was used in local database in that field. I've tested in on one user and it works only partially. I seem to be able to access all the projects I was assigned to. All my comments and issues are properly linked with my account but for some reason the groups I belonged to are missing. I've been cut of from jira-administrators group. After looking at my profile I see that I belong to the groups I belong to in Active Directory and also to jira-users group. Mind you that i've set it up so that it uses local groups (read only with local groups).
Is such a setup can even work right?